This tart is too good not to share with someone. It’s also good for you. Isn’t that the ultimate gift after all? Sharing healthy delicious things with people you care about? Maybe that’s just the dietitian in me that wants all gifts to improve your health and well-being in some way. Dietitian or not though, you absolutely need to try this.
This recipe can either be a dessert or breakfast/brunch item. I shared it with my husband one Saturday morning and he loved it. It’s refreshing and slightly sweet, also it’s loaded with antioxidants, probiotics, and protein. All these things will start your day off right. Another great thing about this recipe is that it uses Siggi’s yogurt. Siggi’s is a skyr yogurt (strained yogurt) that does not contain any artificial preservatives, thickeners, sweeteners, colors, of flavors. Basically what you see is what you get. That’s how I like my food, no hidden surprises just all natural ingredients.
I hope that I have convinced you to try out this recipe!
Siggi’s for two: Berry Simple Skyr Tart
Makes 2, 6-inch pies
Equipment needed for recipe:
2, 6-inch mini pie pans
Ingredients for the crust:
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup oat flour
3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
2 Tbsp organic honey
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the filling:
2 cups of vanilla Siggi’s (any fat level will work)
¼ cup blackberries
¼ cup blueberries
¼ cup raspberries
- Place 1 cup of almonds into the food processor and pulse until crumbles appear. Takes 15-30 seconds.
- Add oat flour and pulse for 5-10 seconds to combine.
- Add melted coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon to food processor. Pulse until mixture is crumbly and holds together when pressed with your fingers.
- Grease the 6-inch pie pans with melted coconut oil.
- Press crust mixture into pie pans to form a nice even crust on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and let cool. The texture of the crust should be crumbly.
- When crust is cooled, fill with vanilla Siggi’s yogurt.
- Top with all three berries.
- Serve and share